The Spanish Alter Ego Method
Throughout my 12 years of professional experience as an Education specialist and Spanish teacher I have been able to discover the 3 main reasons why many people fail to learn a language:
Lack of perseverance and objectives.
Lack of a teaching method.
Lack of self-confidence.
Unlike with traditional methods or some others claiming that you can learn a language effortlessly, if you truly want to learn Spanish properly and be fluent you need:
To work with perseverance, to get involved and committed to practise, practise and practise.
A proven, meaningful and enjoyable method, since as neuroeducation has shown, the brain only learns when emotions are involved.
A guide to enhance your skills and to know what to do at every step of your learning process.
Have you ever heard that speaking another language is like having another personality?
Charlemagne used to say that “to have another language is to possess a second soul”, another way of perceiving and understanding the world.
The word “alter ego” comes from Latin and it means “the other self”.
My “alter ego” method is a communicative method to develop your “Spanish self”and improve your personal, communicative and intercultural skills.
The 3 pillars of the Alter Ego Method:
Learning how to be successful and independent in studying a language is crucial.
Be aware of how to learn and to speed up your own learning with pedagogical techniques and strategies.
Let us discover and enhance your communication skills working on your linguistic, sociolinguistic, pragmatic and discursive competence.
The first step is to get to know you and focus on your personal growth to:
– Work on your perseverance with scheduled lessons every month and motivating daily 30-minute practices.
– Develop your confidence when speaking by learning the necessary strategies.
– Get the fluency you need practising and talking about topics of your interest.
– Avoid droping out of Spanish or procrastinating by knowing your goals and being aware of the language learning stages.
The basis for mastering a language is to understand its culture.
Learning social and cultural skills will help you understand how Spanish people live, think and speak.
The Spanish Alter Ego community gives you the opportunity to interact and socialise in Spanish with other students from different cultures from your own.
I teach students who wish to:
• Get out of their comfort zone and start speaking Spanish once and for all.
• Improve their Spanish by breaking down communication barriers.
• Speak with confidence and assurance.
• Immerse themselves in a Spanish speaking and culture environment.
• Learn a language properly and completly. No just grammar or vocabulary.
My time in other countries, and in Australia in particular, has led me to reflect and better understand that learning a language is not just about learning grammar.
But a continuous process of immersion into a different way of thinking and living. And that you need to leave your comfort zone to fully learn a language.
Get started now
Contact Spanish Alter Ego and let’s talk more about the best options for you to get your goals with Spanish.